|These guidelines have been developed for any person or group that wants to conduct a public event in the City of Mt. Juliet.
What is a Special Event?
- Pre-planned major activities
- Pre-planned major activities involving use of public and/or private property with a projection to have over 300 attendees.
- Pre-planned protests
- Pre-planned major activities involving use of public and/or private property requiring City support services including Parks & Recreation and Police support. Such activities are customarily held for purposes of entertainment, celebration, 5K runs, walks, marathons, parades, block parties, amusement, cultural recognition, arts and crafts displays and/or sales and sports demonstrations or competitions aimed at drawing crowds that may impact surrounding neighborhoods and traffic flow. (Funeral escorts do not require a Police Assistance Permit)
Application / Permit Process
- Determine where your Special Event will be held (Public, Park, or Private Property)
- If your event is held on City Park and Public/Private property, then a City Park Use and Police Assistance permit must be completed.
- If your event is held on Public/Private property but not on City Park property, then only a Police Assistance permit must be completed.
- If you event is held on City Park property but not on Public/Private property, then only a City Park Use permit must be completed
- Complete permit application(s) and turn them in to respective departments.
- Department approves permit applications and special event is established.
Special Event Policy & Guidelines
Park Use Policy & Guidelines
Police Assistance Permit Policy & Guidelines
Special Event Permits
Park Use Permit
Police Assistance Permit
Special Event Contacts
Parks & Recreation: Tim Henson // (615) 758-6522 // email@example.com
Police: Sergeant Tyler Chandler // (615) 773-6260 // firstname.lastname@example.org