Eligibility: Our Pumpkin Carving Contest is open to all ages, families, community and non-profit groups, and area businesses.
Each person, family, or group may only enter one pumpkin.
1. Individual/ Family: In this division, both kids and parents can work together to create their carving masterpiece.
2. Business or Community/Non-Profit Group: In this division, advertising is allowed including business/ group logo.
Entry Fee: This event is FREE for all participants.
Registration Deadline: Saturday, October 6th.
Location of Pumpkins:Amphitheatre at Charlie Daniels Park.
As part of your display, be sure to make a sign with: the name of your pumpkin, the hashtag you’ve chosen, and your name, or your group or business name (this will help your friends, family and members of the voting public to know which pumpkin to vote for!).
Drop Off & Set-Up: All entries must be dropped off at Mt. Juliet Community Center by Friday, October 12th, in time for the staff to set them up. If you wish to decorate the area around your pumpkin, you may do so anytime Friday, October 12th and before 9:00 AM Saturday, October 13th .
Duration: Pumpkins will be on display, and available for judging during Halloween in the Park, October 13th.
Judging: Vote for your favorite pumpkin via social media. Winner will be determined by their combined score of Facebook likes & shares, Twitter retweets, & Instagram posts.
Three ways to vote:
1. Facebook: Like & share from the MJ Parks and Rec page.
2. Twitter: Retweet the photo from @MJParksandRec
3. Instagram: Post the picture of your favorite scarecrow with the scarecrows hashtag, #MJPumpkincarvingContest, and tag @MJParksandRec.
Feel free to encourage friends and family to visit the location and check out your magical creations!
Pick-Up: Pumpkins will be discarded on Monday, October 15th. If you wish to take yours, please do so before then.