2018 Mt. Juliet Special Census
The 2018 Mt. Juliet Special Census has now ended. Thank you for your participation this year
As of July 1, 2018, the new certified population for the City of Mt. Juliet is 31,376.
The City of Mt. Juliet is conducting a special census of all city residents to ensure we receive our fair share of State Shared Tax dollars. State Shared Taxes are distributed to cities across the State of Tennessee based on population. Currently the City of Mt. Juliet receives the State Shared Tax dollars based on the population from the last Special Census conducted in 2015.
Mt. Juliet has experienced tremendous growth over the last two years and the next Federal Census will not be conducted until 2020. That means all of the funding the City of Mt. Juliet is eligible for will NOT come back to our community until 2021. An increase in our population will allow the City to improve roads, parks (greenways & sidewalks), public safety, public works, recruit new businesses, industry and retail.
All we need is the address and the first and last name of everyone residing in the household, including any person that is living away (college students, military, etc.). The information collected will be kept confidential and will ONLY be used by the City of Mt. Juliet for the Special Census. Your information will not be shared, sold, rented or given to any other entity or business.
For those who complete their portion online, you will qualify for a drawing for a $50.00 gift certificate, the drawing will be held after the online submittal deadline of November 15, 2017. For those who do not submit their information online, there will be a postage paid mailer sent to those remaining residents, remember “Everyone Counts”. Providing the information online or by mailer before November 15, 2017 will eliminate contact from a special census representative coming to your door.
Completed forms can also be returned to Mt Juliet City Hall’s sewer billing department located at 2425 N. Mt. Juliet Road. Thank you for your cooperation and support. If you would like additional information, email us at email@example.com or call us at 615-773-6298.
- This is a City of Mt. Juliet Special Census, not a Federal Census.
- The State of Tennessee provides revenue to cities based on their population. Due to Mt. Juliet's growth, we believe the City should get more revenue from the State.
- State share revenue received from the state goes to road infrastructure improvements, parks, etc....
- Whether you own a home or rent, every City of Mt.Juliet resident counts.
- All we need is the address and the first and last name of everyone residing in the household.
- Complete the online form or mail back the postage paid mailer by November 15.
- Providing this information by November 15, 2017 will eliminate contact from a special census representative.